Sunday, April 26, 2009

IN THE HEART OF MANILA

I AM BIASED. I always say that I am proud Manileño when there are times that I have to say what place is the best. Certainly, Manila.

Being the capital city of the Philippines, Manila established good and quality infrastructure. The Intramuros which is the Walled City was built for the protection against Spaniards. Up to now, the Old Manila is still firm, gladly observing how people and culture of Filipino have changed. I am far from this place. The heart of Manila is where its historical landmarks are in. Manila City Hall, the center of government of the city is in front of the Old Manila. Near to it is the Luneta Park which marked the ending of the life of the National Hero. Fort Santiago, National Museum, and Manila Bay are some of the best places in Manila.

But aside from this great products of architecture and environment, Manila is where the best universities and colleges reside. The oldest is here. Students around the country chose to study in Manila for its schools are recognized.

I am from PUP. Not UP, LA SALLE, ATENEO, OR UST. Im from PUP as in POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES.

The name itself shouts out that Im a scholar. Not just by my mother, but by my nation. And without Manila, I am nothing.

Because of Manila, I finished my high school for free. My tertiary education commands tuition but it's just cheap.

Because of Manila, I learned the high's and low's of life. That there is poverty even in the Heart of Manila.

My future will succeed. Really. And I assure, that whatever will happen to me, I'll always be proud to be MANILEÑO.

No comments:

Post a Comment